Nova Teachers Unite! Lori is busily packing & preparing as she gets on a plane to Vegas *tomorrow* to speak at her 5th HSCG Soap Conference! Kenna Cote is driving there from Arizona today. And Erin Pikor is also making her way there soon from San Diego… they’re all meeting up at the Annual Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetics Guild Conference from May 1-3. They will also see past Nova teachers Lela Barker and Marie Gale… and I’m sure many of our students. Will you be there??? If so, let us know, and be sure to hit up The Nova Studio’s Vendor table – chat up Lori and pick up some cool Nova swag at the same time.
Whether you’re going to this conference or any other gathering this year, we thought you might want to see some of our favorite vendors for promo items. These type of specialty items help you get the word out about your business/products/brand, and these events give you an opportunity to connect with your customers in person. Here are some companies we’ve used below for conferences, events like anniversary parties, etc. There are also a few companies we have our eye on for future events.
- We’ve used Next Day Flyers for both business cards and banners. They have lots of options and we’ve been pleased with the quality & prices in the past.
- Our newest find is Greenerprinter. We printed some custom bookmarks with them (stay tuned for some pics to come!) and we were very happy that they worked with us so quickly and professionally. We’ll be using them again in the future for sure. (Bonus – they’re located in Point Richmond, CA, our old stomping grounds!)
- We’ve ordered this eco-friendly cardboard pen from PenImprint for a past HSCG conference before and it was a hit! Unfortunately, not all the clips were securely fastened into the pen when we ordered, so we had to glue a bunch of them in – but maybe they’ve fixed the quality problems since then. We also ordered a super cool mini notebook similar to this one before, and we’re down to just a couple left. We love these things.
- We’ve been ordering stickers from Blue Bee Printing for years, and we love the quality. We’ve had logo stickers are our signature flower puffs too. We’re doing a slightly larger size for the conference this year (again pics to come after the conference unveiling). We got the white vinyl stickers and they have great adhesive, and stay bright and clear for a long time, even on well-worn surfaces. (Cassie had one on her to-go coffee mug for over a year!)
- These awesome tablecloths create an eye catching display that is sure to differentiate your table from the ones on either side. Lori’s personal favorite is the chalkboard or reclaimed wood ones – but neither was available for the conference this year. Shucks! Maybe next time.
- Finally, Lori found this company that custom stamps onto these adorable little wooden trade tokens. We wanted to order some, but it just didn’t work out this year.
I hope you found some of those links useful! Lori will be at the conference in Vegas this week talking about how to Make Money Teaching Classes. It’s a great way to add an additional revenue stream to your business, plus share a topic that you’re passionate about with others who are eager to learn. If you want to learn about this, but aren’t going to this conference, be sure to check out Lori’s Make Money Teaching Classes Video eClass – and the newly released Teaching Bath & Body Classes Q+A.
We will be offering a special deal for conference attendees on items purchased during the conference. For those of you who won’t be there, we didn’t want to leave you out… so we created a special code: IncludeMe which you can use to get 30% off any 1 resource. This code is good on any one Learn at Home item on our website during the conference (from 4/30-5/3 only) and is a great way to learn even if you can’t make it to the event. (Limit 1 per person – cannot be combined with any other sales or offers.)
If you are going to the Vegas Conference, be sure to check out the HSCG Raffle Table – we’ll have a special prize there for one lucky winner! Plus, find Lori at our Nova vendor table, where she’ll be giving out coupons and other special goodies, plus chatting it up with everyone she can meet. We can’t wait to share pics with you, stay tuned on our Facebook page – maybe Lori will even do her first FB Live Video from Vegas Baby… yeah!